Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl Sunday!

Many of you probably don't know that I am a big football fan! Now I'm not just a die hard fan, but I do enjoy watching it on occasion. Although, there was no point in watching it this season. My favorite team, the Colts, was missing their key player, Peyton Manning (the quarterback,) and I believe they didn't win one single game. So.. I was pretty sad. But I had my back up team, the Giants, who is playing in the superbowl today!

But anyways, this year I am spending my first superbowl with my husband. He, however, is not as big a fan as I am and is currently not thrilled about watching "overpaid men hit each other." But he is being a good sport and letting me watch the game. Although personally I'd rather watch the commercials.

So I woke up this morning with an urge to do some cooking, mainly for the superbowl game tongith, and after a quick trip to town to get groceries, this is what I've come up with.

 Cookies!! How doesn't love cookies!! I do and so does T and they were pretty tasty!
 I also made sausage cheese dip that has been a superbowl tradition for who knows how long in my family!
And... Jalapeno poppers!! Some of you may know that I cannot handle spicy foods, but I've learned that the longer you cook these babies, the less spicy they are!! :)

Ok, I better get back to watching that game! Ya'll have a great Sunday evening!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you liked football! Yeah.. we were never a big football family. J and his family though.. wow. They really get into it. Especially college ball. J hates NFL!
    Your eats look good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm! We love jalepeno poppers!! :)

    No watching the game here. I guess we are just lame like that. :P
    Hope all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete