Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Baby Showers and Such

Goodness it has been a long while since I last blogged. Things have been busy around here! I had my last day of work last week, finally. It was getting kind of hard to clean with my belly growing like it is. It's like having a bowling bowl strapped to your belly, try bending over with that! :)

Sunday my Mother and my best friend put on a baby shower for me. It was a great time, of course, I hadn't really been to a baby shower before. It consisted of games, food, and opening of presents.. and let me tell ya! There were a lot of presents. I am very thankful to everyone that came, K has everything he will need when he makes his way into the world! My mom has all the pictures that were taken, otherwise I would put some on here. Maybe next time.

Since they moved my due date again, to March 6th, Tuesday marked 35 weeks for me.

I finally have a belly, or at least I feel like I have a belly. Everyone has said I've had one for a while now, but to me it finally feels like it. Only 5 weeks left, or so and I can't wait!

I have also been excited about decorating K's room for when he gets here! Here is what I've been working on so far.



These are for the curtains I am making for K's room. Don't look to closely at the sewing job. I am still getting used to my new sewing machine that my loving in-laws gave me for my birthday.


Isn't that cool? I'm so proud of myself! That's for the center of the curtain!

T's mother made K a quilt for his crib and I wanted to share it as well! She is pretty talented at quilting and I know that K will love it!



It's so adorable!! :)

Well I have to go feed my belly.. Haha! Ya'll have a great night!

P.S. As soon as K's crib mattress gets here and I get his room finished, I'll take pictures and share! Night!

5 comments:

  1. I was hoping you would post pics of his room! Did you draw the bronc rider out? I'm way impressed and LOOOOVE it! The hat and boot too! They are gonna be adorable curtains!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job, that bronc rider is pretty impressive. The quilt is stinkin cute, I want an adult size one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I forgot.. Tadpole's due date was March 7th! It would be wild if the end up being March 1st babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, can't wait to see what all you get put together, super! I never knew you were so talented, way to go J, guess we learn something new everyday, huh!!
    I love it!
    Yes, I too believe your MIL is a super talented individual. She did a great job on the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Jenn, I toke the pattern of the crib bedding for the bronc! It was a little bigger than I wanted so I downsized it a bit and it still looks good :)

    ReplyDelete