Thursday, May 19, 2011

My random thoughts

Have you ever had a day where you just wake up in an irritable mood? And everything you do, or can't do make you cranky? Well today was that day for me. I woke up in a terrible mood, mostly because yesterday we spent 12 hours trying to brand 88 calves, so I was very tired. Branding was fun, I can't lie, I love to brand, or rather rope. Luckily the man we worked for let me rope with another man, who is sort of a legend to me so I was pumped about that. My daddy was proud because I was able to hold my own. But after about 50 calves and it was 4 o'clock in the day, I was slowly beginning to fade. It took at least an hour to brand the last 10 calves, "I'm not being judgemental or anything, but people around here have there own style of branding, I say this because I'm used to having 500 calves to brand in one day."

Anyways, I woke up tired and just wanted to do my own thing, which included ironing some cloths and picking up my room, "I was told that I needed to start packing up my things in my room that I don't absolutly need to take out to T's. My parents are buying a house and they are fixing to move and I don't really want to have to move twice... two birds with one stone.." It took me 3 hours to iron my cloths.. 3 Hours!! Why? I kept getting interuppted and I finally gave up and had to leave before I got mad. When I came home, no one was there.. perfect. My room cleaning attempt didn't last either. At about 2 I hit a wall and didn't have any energy to finish what I had started so there was a pile of "stuff" on my bed.

My mother, bless her heart, has been worked up about the horse herpes virus that is going around and she wants to make sure that Lj and I don't go anywhere with our horses anymore. Supposedly New Mexico has been quarentined, no horses in and no horses out. There goes helping my uncle in June brand his cattle. I was also supposed to go to a horse show this weekend in San Angelo but it was cancelled, along with numberous AQHA horse shows around. I don't know if any of you have heard about the virus but it is very bad.. The vet here in Alpine said that if a horse gets it, it is 100% fatal and will kill a horse in 48 hours, and there is no vaccination for it. Best not be traveling with horses for a while if you ask me. T even told me that people can spread it to other horses so don't be pettin' on other horses!

I really wish July would get here. T said that's why I was grumpy, because I haven't seen him in 5 whole days.. I think that's why he has been grumpy. People keep telling me that it will fly by or it will be here in no time.. Not for me. Two months is a long time to wait but I guess I will live.

My first college semester is over and I don't know what to do with myself nowadays. I'm still working at the little store downtown but mostly on Fridays and Saturdays. Sometimes a day in the middle of the week when I'm swamped. My boss said that she has "adopted," and says that I can't ever leave her, even whem I'm married. At least I will always have a job with her!

I don't know if any of this blog made sense, I'm just saying what's on my mind. I'm still really tired from yesterday, and my mom made me go with her to a workout deal at our church that totally kicked my butt, and I will be extremely sore. But anyways, ya'll have a great night!

3 comments:

  1. Well boo! on bad days! But, we all have 'em ever once in a while.
    I hope these months go quickly. It does seems when your anticipating though, they go sllllooooow.
    ;)
    Yep, this horse deal stinks!! My bros come down every June to help us brand, and now.... geez. Guess we'll be hiring help around here now.
    My aunt, who's a vet tech, said that there are two outbreaks in Hobbs, and one in Albquerque. :/ It's spreading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have our days. :) It will get better!

    The word is from big bosses here,no horses off the ranch for any reason, and no horses in from anywhere.

    Bad deal for sure.

    ~M~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, this could have been my post yesterday! I was so irritable and cranky!!
    Some days are just crummy and that is that. :)

    ReplyDelete