Monday, March 14, 2011

A Wonderful Weekend

This past weekend has been awesome! In order for me to explain I have to go back to Thursday.

I had a falling out with my so called friends on Thursday which resulted in me not having a ride up to Abilene on Friday for the horse show. So.. my mom decided she would ride up with me which turned out to be really fun. We hauled up Friday evening and got there about 6 which wasn't bad, unloaded a horse, and met my dad for supper. The show ended up being really good, despite the fiasco. I placed 4th over all again which I was really happy for. I had started at 9 Saturday morning and we ended at 8 that night. Curly and I were so tired for the last event; ranch pleasure. Somehow though we tied for first placed in that class.

Another great thing that happened this weekend that made my day was that I got to ride this really pretty black and white paint stud horse. The little lady riding him asked me to ride him around while she went and did something. I was so thrilled! I had never met the lady before and I just admired that horse! There is a picture somewhere so I will get it posted at some point!

And last but not least....



This was the dress that I had picked out to try on first. I really liked it and it fit really good I think. What I liked about it was that I could picked a color of ribbon to go with it. I don't know if anyone else liked it as much as I did.

This was the second dress I tried on. I did because my mother had caught a glimpse of it and wanted me to just try it. Lots of ewing and awing and tears came from this one.


The third dress I tried on I really like. It was simple but elegant and really showed off my figure I think. I'm not sure but I think I might be going with this one.

Just so everyone knows, I am trying to keep pictures and things off of Facebook or anything. I did decide that blogging would be ok because not many people look at my blog. As of right now, there as been much discussion about a date. I think I am ready to scream because I have picked a date but it's not what people want to hear. At least on my side of the family. I'm really having a hard time with it for some reason.

I also would like to know ya'll's opinions, about the dresses or anything else! If you don't want to comment and would rather send an email that is perfectly fine! My email is texanrose77@yahoo.com!

Hope ya'll have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. I love the first and last one...but the last one the most! You look gorgeous in it! I'm so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on the horse show!! Bummer about the 'friends' though...

    Oh!! I like the last one... but you look beautiful in them all!!

    Missed you at church! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Dresses all................I'm going to tell you what I told my daughter four years ago when we where planning her wedding. Its yours and your mans wedding and everyone else is a guest not the boss, except for the one footing the bill !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thank you for the encouragement!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hum....They are all beautiful so hard to decide...but I have to say..just like your mom, for some reason I really like the second one. It is so elegant and vintage looking. But also the last one is very elegant I think that it is simple is what makes it so pretty. Heck. I don't know. It is your dress and you must love it!
    ~M~

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all pretty, but I think my fav is the last one also! I do like the first one too... Lol! But as others have said, it's YOUR dress and YOUR wedding! :)

    ReplyDelete